"Reading is thinking with someone else's head instead of one's own"

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Comments on Summer Reading Responses

Comment on Grace's Reading Response:
     I really liked reading Grace's reading response. I thought she did a great job giving a summary abut the book that she read. Even though I've never read the book, I felt like I knew everything that I needed to know for understanding the main concept of the book. I really liked that in the beginning of her response, Grace described the book as a "coming of age novel that talks about the roller coaster days known as growing up." After reading her response, I was able to identify what the main character's problem was in the book and what things comfort him throughout the story.

Comment on Emily's Reading Response:
     When reading Emily's response, I felt like I was being taken through the different scenes of the book. She explained the characters well along with the different scenes that were important like when two of the main characters, Dom and Wesley first met which I think was an important scene in the book. I also liked the way that she included her thoughts throughout her response to show that she was gradually thinking throughout the entire book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment