#2 Observe your surroundings.
Things that are unfair in my surroundings:
o Many
homeless people
o Teen
Pregnancy
o Cruel
Babysitters
o Careless
Drivers
o Careless
Pedestrians
In my neighborhood, I’ve noticed that
there are lots of cruel babysitters. Most of the children in their care are
being mistreated. On my way to school I would normally see babysitters taking
the children to school. Sometimes I notice that the babysitter might pull a
child’s arm a certain way, or even push the child for something as little as to
walk faster.
The cause of this problem is probably when parents leave their children with someone even before getting to know more about them. The consequence of that is having the children being treated unfairly. The children shouldn’t have to suffer for making little mistakes. At a young age they don’t know what is right or wrong, and they need someone to teach them the right thing. Not someone that’s constantly yelling at them and that’s not correcting them.
The cause of this problem is probably when parents leave their children with someone even before getting to know more about them. The consequence of that is having the children being treated unfairly. The children shouldn’t have to suffer for making little mistakes. At a young age they don’t know what is right or wrong, and they need someone to teach them the right thing. Not someone that’s constantly yelling at them and that’s not correcting them.
Possible solutions for this problem should
be that parents should get to know the babysitter better before actually
leaving their children with them. These babysitters have been granted with the
trust from the families that are giving them the job. A parent’s child is
something that the parents love dearly, and they should be aware of the type of
person that they’re leaving their child with.
#3 Find a true story about someone who
changes the world every day.
Interview
with my uncle who works as a Physician’s Assistant in the medical field.
1. Question: When
you wake up in the morning, do you look forward to reporting to work and doing
what you do?
Answer:
“Of course. I love knowing that one of my patients might come to me relying on
my advice that could be a major concern or problem they’re having.”
2. Question:
What exactly do you do on a daily basis?
Answer:
“When I’m not having a busy day, I basically just give check-ups to my patients.
Like I check their blood pressure and if they have any questions or concerns I
would answer them and give them my honest opinions. I also write out
prescriptions for certain medications that a patient might need.”
3. Question:
How frequently do you have follow ups with your patients?
Answer:
“It depends on how severe their condition is. If
they have a very harsh case then I would recommend seeing them quite often. If
not then maybe once every month or two months.”
4. Question:
Is being a Physician’s Assistance a learning experience for you?
Answer:
“Yes it is. It allows me to see the connection from a person and their
situation. I’ve learned so much about the different sicknesses and how a
patient responds to it and how they treat it.
5. Question:
What is one thing that you hate about your job?
Answer:
Well I love what I do. I love my job. But if I had to say, it would be that I
dislike when some of my patients would take medication without my
recommendation for it. It can be really dangerous against their health if it’s
misused.
#4 Write a reading response on a social
issue in a literary work (your independent reading book, short story, essay, or
poem/song)
The issue that my independent reading book
is about is teenage pregnancy. Many teenagers are getting pregnant, and most of
them are unaware of the consequences that they are now up to face. What these
teenagers don’t understand is that they now have the responsibility of caring
for their own child. Some of them aren’t focusing on their education now.
The message in my book is that even though
you mess up in life, or make a mistake, you can always fix things and get
yourself back on track. The main character of my book got pregnant in high
school, and got left back a few times. She still made an attempt and continued
in school after getting suspended and all, and continued her education.
This conflict of teenage pregnancy makes me feel horrible to know that these teenagers are getting pregnant at such young ages and they haven’t even finished school yet. I wonder how come this is still a big issue nowadays even though they should know by now that it’s not a good thing especially at so young. I also wonder why the teenagers haven’t learned that there are consequences, seeing other pregnant teenagers struggle to keep themselves stable.
This conflict of teenage pregnancy makes me feel horrible to know that these teenagers are getting pregnant at such young ages and they haven’t even finished school yet. I wonder how come this is still a big issue nowadays even though they should know by now that it’s not a good thing especially at so young. I also wonder why the teenagers haven’t learned that there are consequences, seeing other pregnant teenagers struggle to keep themselves stable.
No comments:
Post a Comment